Although Homeowners’ Insurance in Florida may refer to house insurance, there are also policies designed for those who own condominiums, mobile homes, even for those who rent their homes.
- Coverage A Dwelling
- Coverage B Other Structures
- Coverage C Personal Property
- Coverage D Loss of Use/Additional Living Expenses
- Coverage E Personal Liability
- Coverage F Medical Payments to Others
- Additional Coverages
The most important element to remember when purchasing home insurance is that while it surely will protect your roof, doors, windows, sinks and so on, what you’re really protecting when you purchase a homeowner’s policy is actual piece of mind for you and your family.
What should my Florida Home Insurance Policy Cover?
A basic homeowner’s insurance policy covers:
- Damage to the Home (Both internal and external property damage)
- The Cost of Necessary Repairs
- The Cost of Temporary Living in the Event of an Emergency
- Your Valued Possessions
A properly written home insurance policy covers all of the above as well as:
- Your Family
- Your Pets
- Your Financial Responsibilities
Types of Homeowner’s Insurance:
There are eight types of Florida homeowner’s insurance.
- HO-1: Basic home insurance designed to protect you in the event of property damage and with liability insurance in the event a guest is injured on your property.
- HO-2: This insurance plan goes a step further by protecting you from the “16 perils”
- HO-3: This is the most commonly purchased policy in Florida because it is not limited by the “named 16” and is far more comprehensive.
- HO-4: Referred to as “Renter’s Insurance;” provides coverage for those who rent.
- HO-5: “All Risk Insurance”
- HO-6: Florida Condo Insurance, which provides condominium coverage in the event of a wide variety of incidents related to “condo-living.”
- HO-7: Mobile Homes in Florida may choose to purchase this type of coverage.
- HO-8: The insurance limits are directly related to the replacement cost; thus, this creates a moral hazard if the replacement cost greatly exceeds the market value.
At Knight Insurance, our mission is to provide you with the best possible policy, covering everything you care about at rates commensurate with the protection you and your family deserve.
Whether you’ve just purchased your home or you’ve had the same insurance policy for years, speaking with fellow Florida homeowner and Knight Insurance founder, Barry Sanders, is informative and enjoyable. He or one of his licensed, professional, seasoned insurance agents welcomes your insurance questions.
Knight Insurance provides a full range of insurance services for clients both locally and throughout the state of Florida. Knight Insurance is centrally located in Broward County off I-595 and South Pine Island Road and “walk-ins” are always greeted with a smile from agency owner and insurance specialist, Barry Sanders. Specializing in homeowners, auto, and commercial insurance, Knight strives to educate clients and properly arm them with the best possible policies at the most reasonable prices. Representing a large number of insurance companies, you will always find exactly what you, your family, and your business needs.